Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lori L[_2_] Lori L[_2_] is offline

Default make all text appear in a Word 2007 table

working in a Word 2007 table and have text in an extremely long column, NOT
continue onto the next page but just disappear! You can't view it in Print
layout (can see in Draft) and when print, it cuts it off, also. HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Right-click the table and choose Table Properties from the context menu. On
the Table tab, choose "None" for "Text wrapping." Click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lori L" wrote in message
working in a Word 2007 table and have text in an extremely long column,
NOT
continue onto the next page but just disappear! You can't view it in
Print
layout (can see in Draft) and when print, it cuts it off, also. HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lori L[_2_] Lori L[_2_] is offline

Although it seems as though there should be a better or more correct fix,
what i finally ended up doing, was selecting all my columns in that row, and
inserted a row beneath it. Then I merged my cells for those columns that
extended beyond the height of 1 page, and it allowed the text to now be seen.
Seems stupid, that it didn't automatically flow from one page to another,
but since text wrapping was not on, had to figure out something else. If
anyone knows of another way to fix this, I would appreciate it, for me and my
co-workers that have also had this problem.
Lori

"Lori L" wrote in message
working in a Word 2007 table and have text in an extremely long column,
NOT
continue onto the next page but just disappear! You can't view it in
Print
layout (can see in Draft) and when print, it cuts it off, also. HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lori L[_2_] Lori L[_2_] is offline

this is so frustrating and not the first time it's happened. I see my column
complete, extending onto the following page, then I go and click in another
cell to edit, and the column extension disappears again! Why?

"Lori L" wrote in message
working in a Word 2007 table and have text in an extremely long column,
NOT
continue onto the next page but just disappear! You can't view it in
Print
layout (can see in Draft) and when print, it cuts it off, also. HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

What you are describing shouldn't happen. You may want to treat the table as
corrupt. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lori L" wrote in message
working in a Word 2007 table and have text in an extremely long
column,
NOT
continue onto the next page but just disappear! You can't view it
in
Print
layout (can see in Draft) and when print, it cuts it off, also.
HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Don K Don K is offline

"Lori L" wrote:

working in a Word 2007 table and have text in an extremely long column, NOT
continue onto the next page but just disappear! You can't view it in Print
layout (can see in Draft) and when print, it cuts it off, also. HELP!

In addition to setting text wrapping to none, check row height in table
properties, sounds like "Exactly" is checked (there by limiting the vertical
size of the cell), change it to "at least". That should allow your table to
expand. ummm, also ensure that "allow to break across pages" is checked.

Hope this simple answer solves the problem!