Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PT[_3_] PT[_3_] is offline

Default Problem with normal.dot ?

I've just installed Word 2003 on my new Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit
computer. I performed a task I've done thousands of times befo I
copied an article from a website, and pasted it into Word.

The first time I tried this on the new setup, the entire page comes
out with a dark blue background, making the document almost
unreadable.

I can go into Format | Borders and shading, select "no fill" and fix
it, but the next article comes up the same.

I assume that somehow something has happened to normal.dot, but if so,
I don’t know where to look and how or what change to make.

Please advise.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Is it happening with every web page or just that one?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"PT" wrote in message
I've just installed Word 2003 on my new Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit
computer. I performed a task I've done thousands of times befo I
copied an article from a website, and pasted it into Word.

The first time I tried this on the new setup, the entire page comes
out with a dark blue background, making the document almost
unreadable.

I can go into Format | Borders and shading, select "no fill" and fix
it, but the next article comes up the same.

I assume that somehow something has happened to normal.dot, but if so,
I don’t know where to look and how or what change to make.

Please advise.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PT[_3_] PT[_3_] is offline

"PT" wrote in message

I've just installed Word 2003 on my new Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit
computer. *I performed a task I've done thousands of times befo *I
copied an article from a website, and pasted it into Word.

The first time I tried this on the new setup, the entire page comes
out with a dark blue background, making the document almost
unreadable.

I can go into Format | Borders and shading, select "no fill" and fix
it, but the next article comes up the same.

I assume that somehow something has happened to normal.dot, but if so,
I don t know where to look and how or what change to make.

Please advise.- Hide quoted text -

Apparently It only occurred on text copied from articles on a
particular website. So the problem must be theirs. Tks.