Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
WebColin70 WebColin70 is offline

Default Paste Link Excel cells in Word Losing Columns

When I paste link as a picture a large set of cells from Excel (2007
12.0.6514.5000 SP2) into Word (2007 12.0.6504.5000 SP2), it leaves out rows
and columns that would fall off the page when I paste, even after I shrink
the picture down so they should all fit on the page. This just started
happening - the very same range of cells pasted properly a few weeks ago.
And I have paste-linked as images even larger ranges in the past - always as
long as I drag and resize the image so that it fits on the page, all the
rows and columns appear, however tiny the print may end up.

I'm afraid I have no idea what changed in Word or Excel that this now does
not work.

When I go to look at the linked object's properties, it correctly shows the
cell range spanning all the rows and columns in Excel, but in Word it still
only shows the very limited range.

Right now, I'm very angry with Word as I need to embed financials for a
business plan and don't have time to screw around with Word's peculiarities
(I assume it's Word, since Excel is just providing the data), but I
acknowledge it's possible that I may have done something that caused this
function to stop working.

What's going on and how do I workaround this? Do you need any more info from
me to help diagnose this?

Thanks,
Colin