Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
croy[_2_] croy[_2_] is offline

Default Grammar Files Not Found

When I installed Office 2000, I elected to not install the
grammar checker.

Now, whenever I launch the spell-checker, the following
dialog pops up:

"Word cannot find the grammar file msgr2EN.dll or
msgrEN32.dll for English (U.S.)."

Is there a fix for this?

--
Thanks
croy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Tools Options Spelling & Grammar Uncheck both 'check grammar with
spelling' and 'check grammar as you type'. If that doesn't fix it install
the grammar checker and again set the two options above.

"croy" wrote in message
When I installed Office 2000, I elected to not install the
grammar checker.

Now, whenever I launch the spell-checker, the following
dialog pops up:

"Word cannot find the grammar file msgr2EN.dll or
msgrEN32.dll for English (U.S.)."

Is there a fix for this?

--
Thanks
croy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
croy[_2_] croy[_2_] is offline

On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 08:44:15 +0200, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

Tools Options Spelling & Grammar Uncheck both 'check grammar with
spelling' and 'check grammar as you type'.

Those two options were not available (grayed out).

If that doesn't fix it install
the grammar checker and again set the two options above.

The grammar-checker was never installed.

I decided to install it this morning, and then the two
options you mentioned were available, and un-checking them
seems to have done the trick.

It seems a little dumb, to have to install a feature you
don't want, just to be able to set the option to not use it,
but I guess that's just Microsoft's way.

I'm tempted to now go back and uninstall the
grammar-checker, and see if the settings held, but it's
probably not worth the time.

Thanks for the clues.

--
croy