Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Wendy[_2_] Wendy[_2_] is offline

Default Saving Notepad Documents

I have a problem when trying to save notepad documents. When I used to save
notepad documents, they were saved in 'My Documents'. Just lately, when I
save them, they are not going there and I do not know where they are being
saved to.

Two questions here really. How can I find out where they are being saved
to? And how can I change this so that they will be saved in 'My Documents'
again?

Wendy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

To find the files, you can search for them in Windows Explorer (use the
Windows key + F to open the Find utility).

I belive NotePad will suggest the most recent save location when you are
saving a new file, so you will have to pay attention to what is displayed in
the Save As dialog box.

Note that a Windows newsgroup is the best place to ask for detailed
information about NotePad.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Wendy" wrote in message
I have a problem when trying to save notepad documents. When I used to
save
notepad documents, they were saved in 'My Documents'. Just lately, when I
save them, they are not going there and I do not know where they are being
saved to.

Two questions here really. How can I find out where they are being saved
to? And how can I change this so that they will be saved in 'My
Documents'
again?

Wendy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Wendy[_2_] Wendy[_2_] is offline

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Are you using some type of mail filter or spam filter that may be adding
the unwanted gifs?

I have the faintest idea Terry. How would I know this or check this out?
If I am, I must have done something by pure accident because I certainly did
not do it on purpose. Would you anybody else be able to tell me where to
check?

Wendy