Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Keith Woollacott Keith Woollacott is offline

Default Locking table position

Is it possible to lock or anchor a table to a specific position on a page?
Users should still be able to edit text in cells.
--
Keith W
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Locking table position

Yes, it is possible to lock or anchor a table to a specific position on a page in Microsoft Word. Here are the steps to do so:
  1. Select the table that you want to lock or anchor to a specific position on the page.
  2. Click on the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Table" group, click on the "Properties" button.
  4. In the "Table Properties" dialog box, click on the "Table" tab.
  5. Click on the "Options" button.
  6. In the "Table Options" dialog box, click on the "Positioning" tab.
  7. Under the "Options" section, select the "Lock anchor" checkbox.
  8. Under the "Horizontal" and "Vertical" sections, choose the desired position for the table on the page.
  9. Click "OK" to close the "Table Options" dialog box.
  10. Click "OK" to close the "Table Properties" dialog box.

Now, your table is locked or anchored to the specific position on the page that you chose. Users can still edit text in cells as usual.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc Luc is offline

Keith,
You could put the table in a frame. Format the frame to not move with the
text and anchor it to the first paragraph of the page.

--

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

"Keith Woollacott" schreef in
bericht ...
Is it possible to lock or anchor a table to a specific position on a page?
Users should still be able to edit text in cells.
--
Keith W

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

If you set text wrapping for the Table to "Around" (in Table Properties),
you can then uncheck "move with text" and choose where to put the table,
using the Positioning sub-dialog of Table Properties.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Luc" wrote in message
Keith,
You could put the table in a frame. Format the frame to not move with the
text and anchor it to the first paragraph of the page.

--

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

"Keith Woollacott" schreef in
bericht ...
Is it possible to lock or anchor a table to a specific position on a
page?
Users should still be able to edit text in cells.
--
Keith W

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Keith Woollacott Keith Woollacott is offline

Luc,
Excuse my ignorance, but what's a frame? I have looked in most places and
searched the Word help files but can't find any reference to frames.
--
Keith W

"Luc" wrote:

Keith,
You could put the table in a frame. Format the frame to not move with the
text and anchor it to the first paragraph of the page.

--

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

"Keith Woollacott" schreef in
bericht ...
Is it possible to lock or anchor a table to a specific position on a page?
Users should still be able to edit text in cells.
--
Keith W

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Keith Woollacott Keith Woollacott is offline

Tony - did as you suggested, but it doesn't fix the problem. Yes, the table
doesn't move if the user types outside the table, but it allows them to
accidently (or otherwise) drag the table around the page.
--
Keith W

"Luc" wrote in message
Keith,
You could put the table in a frame. Format the frame to not move with the
text and anchor it to the first paragraph of the page.

--

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

"Keith Woollacott" schreef in
bericht ...
Is it possible to lock or anchor a table to a specific position on a
page?
Users should still be able to edit text in cells.
--
Keith W

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

For Frame, read Text Box. Set the position of the text box relative to the
page with the text set to wrap around it.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Keith Woollacott" wrote in
message ...

"Luc" wrote:

Keith,
You could put the table in a frame. Format the frame to not move with the
text and anchor it to the first paragraph of the page.

--

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

"Keith Woollacott" schreef in
bericht ...
Is it possible to lock or anchor a table to a specific position on a
page?
Users should still be able to edit text in cells.
--
Keith W

.

Locking a field in an absolute position Robert Robinson Page Layout 3 May 12th 09 10:55 PM
Locking an image position WordNerd Microsoft Word Help 3 October 29th 08 07:46 PM
Locking Table Size TiffanyH Tables 4 October 9th 08 03:13 PM
Locking Frame position to page Dan Kelly Page Layout 1 October 26th 06 02:21 PM
Locking the position of a graphic. Bill H Page Layout 1 May 6th 05 11:45 PM