Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mtgtechguy mtgtechguy is offline

Default Mailmerge Capabilities

I am using a program that interfaces with Word to populate mailmerge fields.
Now, is it possible for me to look at a field and if it contains a certain
value to have it automatically fill in a checkbox feature of Word?

I would appreciate and advice or help anyone can give on this.

Thanks,

Fred
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You could use an If...then...Else field construction

{ IF { MERGEFIELD fieldname } = desiredresult { SYMBOL 254 \f Wingdings
\u } { SYMBOL 253 \f Wingdings \u } }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters and Alt+F9 to
toggle off the display of the field codes. You will also need to update the
fields in the document to see the desired result.
--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.