Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
lgruszynski lgruszynski is offline

Default Is it possible to email a Directory created in Word 2003?

Hello

I have created a directory mail merge in which I have one letter for each
contact that groups invoice information for each contact. Is there a way to
be able to merge this into Outlook so it can be emailed to each contact
listed once?

Excel file is set up as follows:

Contact Invoice # Invoice Amt Email Address

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

--
Leslie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi lgruszynski,

Depending on what you're trying to do, you might find the approach in my Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial useful.
It's available at:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...owtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with it.

--
Cheers
macropod

"lgruszynski" wrote in message ...
Hello

I have created a directory mail merge in which I have one letter for each
contact that groups invoice information for each contact. Is there a way to
be able to merge this into Outlook so it can be emailed to each contact
listed once?

Excel file is set up as follows:

Contact Invoice # Invoice Amt Email Address

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

--
Leslie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayors website:

http://www.gmayor.com/ManyToOne.htm

The code in that add-in could be modified so that it would email out each of
the documents, or leave it as is to create individual documents which you
then mail out using the method in the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with
Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"lgruszynski" wrote in message
Hello

I have created a directory mail merge in which I have one letter for each
contact that groups invoice information for each contact. Is there a way
be able to merge this into Outlook so it can be emailed to each contact
listed once?

Excel file is set up as follows:

Contact Invoice # Invoice Amt Email Address

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

--
Leslie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I have created, but not yet thoroughly tested a modifiction to the addin at
http://www.gmayor.com/ManyToOne.htm that incorporates the option to mail
merge the result to email.

Send me an email if you want to try it.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
lgruszynski lgruszynski is offline

HI Doug

These 2 tools were exactly what I was looking for and the email piece worked
great!!! I tested it out with the files provided...but I did run into an
issue with the Many to One macro when I attempted to use it on one of my real
data files. It produces the merged files in the C:MergeFiles Folder...I have
one key called "Account" and then the repeating fields are "Brand" and
"PropertyName" I've played around with it for a bit, but am consistently
getting 1 of 2 error messages. Either in my brand field I get "5941 - the
requested memebr of the collection does not exist" and the account and
property info pulls in correctly...or in the PropertyName field, I get the
message "Error! MergeField was not found in header record of data source."
and the Brand and Account information pulls in fine. Any ideas?

Leslie

"lgruszynski" wrote:

Hello

I have created a directory mail merge in which I have one letter for each
contact that groups invoice information for each contact. Is there a way to
be able to merge this into Outlook so it can be emailed to each contact
listed once?

Excel file is set up as follows:

Contact Invoice # Invoice Amt Email Address

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

--
Leslie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It sounds like there maybe some inconsistencies in your data source.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.