Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ShaunieFletcher ShaunieFletcher is offline

Default 'This modification is not allowed because the section is locked'

i created an essay in a document.
i had edited it, saved it and opened it again without any problems for few
days.
however the last time i tried to open it, it seems to be locked.
i cannot click on any options apart from 'view'
and when i try to edit my essay, 'This modification is not allowed because
the section is locked' appears in the bottom left corner.
how can i change my essay back to normal so i can edit it?

any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 2007? It sounds like your trial copy has expired - time to buy the
program.

"ShaunieFletcher" wrote in
message ...
i created an essay in a document.
i had edited it, saved it and opened it again without any problems for few
days.
however the last time i tried to open it, it seems to be locked.
i cannot click on any options apart from 'view'
and when i try to edit my essay, 'This modification is not allowed because
the section is locked' appears in the bottom left corner.
how can i change my essay back to normal so i can edit it?

any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ben ben is offline

On 2/20/2010 7:27 AM, Graham Mayor wrote:
Word 2007? It sounds like your trial copy has expired - time to buy the
program.

Or use OpenOffice to continue :-)