Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Nick Mirro Nick Mirro is offline

Default Document hyperlink doesn't work when offline

On a laptop, I have a template with a hyperlink to a jpg that is an
offline file. The hyperlink contains the path

\\Servername\PRACTICE DOCUMENTS\Reference\UE dermatomes.jpg

The hyperlink only works if the laptop is logged onto the server
containing the original file. I can also access the jpg file directly
on the laptop via:

PRACTICE DOCUMENTS\Reference\UE dermatomes.jpg since this is also a
mapped drive. Z:\PRACTICE DOCUMENTS

I tried to change the hyperlink to Z:\PRACTICE DOCUMENTS\Reference\UE
dermatomes.jpg, but this change does not save. It reverts back to \
\Servername\PRACTICE DOCUMENTS\Reference\UE dermatomes.jpg

Can I get the Word hyperlink to point to the laptop offline copy of
the file only?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Nick,

Hi Nick,

When using '\' separators, they need to be used in pairs (ie '\\'). To prevent the server path reversions, try changing the path
delimiters from '\\' to '/':
Z:/PRACTICE DOCUMENTS/Reference/UE dermatomes.jpg

--
Cheers
macropod

"Nick Mirro" wrote in message ...
On a laptop, I have a template with a hyperlink to a jpg that is an
offline file. The hyperlink contains the path

\\Servername\PRACTICE DOCUMENTS\Reference\UE dermatomes.jpg

The hyperlink only works if the laptop is logged onto the server
containing the original file. I can also access the jpg file directly
on the laptop via:

PRACTICE DOCUMENTS\Reference\UE dermatomes.jpg since this is also a
mapped drive. Z:\PRACTICE DOCUMENTS

I tried to change the hyperlink to Z:\PRACTICE DOCUMENTS\Reference\UE
dermatomes.jpg, but this change does not save. It reverts back to \
\Servername\PRACTICE DOCUMENTS\Reference\UE dermatomes.jpg

Can I get the Word hyperlink to point to the laptop offline copy of
the file only?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

On Feb 23, 7:53*pm, "macropod" wrote:
[...]

the file only?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the help. I entered the path as you described. It changed
it self from

Z:/PRACTICE DOCUMENTS/Reference/UE dermatomes.jpg

Z:\PRACTICE DOCUMENTS\Reference\UE dermatomes.jpg

When clicking the hyperlink, I get "Cannot locate internet server or
proxy server."