Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tammysmi tammysmi is offline

Default Where is the "word options" dialog box in draft view?

I'm taking a class to learn Word 2007. I'm learning to work with different
styles right now and I need to switch to draft view and open the word options
dialog box to see a display of all the document's styles on the screen. I
have it on draft view but I can't remember where the word options dialog box
is. Can anyone please help and remind me where it's at?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 19:26:01 -0800, tammysmi
wrote:

I'm taking a class to learn Word 2007. I'm learning to work with different
styles right now and I need to switch to draft view and open the word options
dialog box to see a display of all the document's styles on the screen. I
have it on draft view but I can't remember where the word options dialog box
is. Can anyone please help and remind me where it's at?

Well, the Word Options dialog is reached by clicking the Office button
in the upper left corner and then clicking the words "Word Options" at
the bottom of that menu.

But the Word Options dialog has nothing to do with seeing the styles.
For that, either click the tiny button in the bottom right corner of
the Styles group on the Home ribbon, or press the shortcut keys
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S (that is, press all four keys at the same time). That
opens the Styles pane on the right side of the window.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Click the Office Button (the big round one in the top left corner) and then
Word Options (in the bottom right corner of the Office Button menu). In the
Word Options dialog, select Advanced from the list on the left, scroll down
to Display, and enter a positive value for "Style area pane width in Draft
and Outline views."

http://word.mvps.org