Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
nats lee carter nats lee carter is offline

Default Mail merge to seperate documents error

Hi

I am merging with an excel spreadsheet as a db.

when I run the macro I have 2 problems:

1. I get the following error straightaway:
Run-time erro '-21417467259 (80004005)':
Method 'Value' of object 'MailmergedataField' failed

and I cannot continue.....?

2. I need a switch to make the decimal places correct
ie: 150.00 is 150.000000000000 etc. I need it to 2 decimal places

Please can you give me advice in laymans terms as am not so experienced at
this and totally alone on this one!

thanks!
natasha.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
nats lee carter nats lee carter is offline

"nats lee carter" wrote:

Hi

I am using the macro from gmayor.com I am merging with an excel spreadsheet as a db.

when I run the macro I have 2 problems:

1. I get the following error straightaway:
Run-time erro '-21417467259 (80004005)':
Method 'Value' of object 'MailmergedataField' failed

and I cannot continue.....?

2. I need a switch to make the decimal places correct
ie: 150.00 is 150.000000000000 etc. I need it to 2 decimal places

Please can you give me advice in laymans terms as am not so experienced at
this and totally alone on this one!

thanks!
natasha.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

With regard to the first question I have answered your private e-mail.
As for the second part, you need a formatting switch on the merge field.
Toggle the display with ALT+F9 from fieldname to { Mergefield
Fieldname }
Add the switch before the closing bracket
{ Mergefield Fieldname \# ",0.00" }
Update the field