Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
janey janey is offline

Default Custom Dictionary

I want to add Hi-Build (with a non-breaking hyphen) to a custom dictionary
in Word 2007 (UK spelling). The spell checker will neither add it to my
dictionary nor ignore it.

I have tried editing the dictionary directly and I can get as far as
Hi-Buil but then the Add button is greyed out.

Can anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Does the spell check mark this as incorrect? When I checked (with my
personal dictionaries switched off) this was not marked as a spelling
error.Both hi and build appear to be in the default dictionary.

If you want Hi-Build to be always spelled with a non-breaking hyphen, make a
formatted autocorrect entry for Hi-Build with a standard hyphen (add the no
proofing option to the formatted replacement if necessary).

"janey" wrote in message
news
I want to add Hi-Build (with a non-breaking hyphen) to a custom dictionary
in Word 2007 (UK spelling). The spell checker will neither add it to my
dictionary nor ignore it.

I have tried editing the dictionary directly and I can get as far as
Hi-Buil but then the Add button is greyed out.

Can anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
janey janey is offline

It just flags it up as unknown. When I 'add to dictionary', the checker does
not move to the next word to check as it usually does.

I looked in my custom dictionary and it is shown. I have put it in
Autocorrect, which seems to work but I can't find how I make it 'no
proofing'.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Does the spell check mark this as incorrect? When I checked (with my
personal dictionaries switched off) this was not marked as a spelling
error.Both hi and build appear to be in the default dictionary.

If you want Hi-Build to be always spelled with a non-breaking hyphen, make
a formatted autocorrect entry for Hi-Build with a standard hyphen (add the
no proofing option to the formatted replacement if necessary).

"janey" wrote in message
news
I want to add Hi-Build (with a non-breaking hyphen) to a custom
dictionary in Word 2007 (UK spelling). The spell checker will neither add
it to my dictionary nor ignore it.

I have tried editing the dictionary directly and I can get as far as
Hi-Buil but then the Add button is greyed out.

Can anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
janey janey is offline

Thanks, Graham. That has it sorted.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Interesting. It is not flagged here. However to add the no proofing option
insert the text, as you want it to appear and select it, from the language
button on the Word 2007 status bar set 'do not check spelling of grammar'.
Now save the text as a formatted autocorrect entry.

"janey" wrote in message
It just flags it up as unknown. When I 'add to dictionary', the checker
does not move to the next word to check as it usually does.

I looked in my custom dictionary and it is shown. I have put it in
Autocorrect, which seems to work but I can't find how I make it 'no
proofing'.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Does the spell check mark this as incorrect? When I checked (with my
personal dictionaries switched off) this was not marked as a spelling
error.Both hi and build appear to be in the default dictionary.

If you want Hi-Build to be always spelled with a non-breaking hyphen,
make a formatted autocorrect entry for Hi-Build with a standard hyphen
(add the no proofing option to the formatted replacement if necessary).

news I want to add Hi-Build (with a non-breaking hyphen) to a custom