Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
BlairH BlairH is offline

Default Mail Merge from Excel with Calculations

I have a mail merge document that was created i Word 97 / Excel 97. The Excel
sheet has calculations to set a field to next Friday's date. The Word
document then prints the mail merge list using this date.

This worked great in Office 97.

Now in Office 2003, the calculation doesn't update when Word merge the Excel
list.

Any ideas how to fix this? Currently I open the Excel sheet first to allow
the fields to update, then the Word mail marge document.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Is this definitely Office 2003 (not e.g. 2007)?

In Excel 2003 it seems to work OK here with a simple example, i.e. if
the spreadsheet is open in Excel, and you preview in Word, a change n
Excel shows up in Word, at least if you change the current preview
record. However, I'm not saying that would defiitely work with every
spreadsheet.

Nore does it seem to matter which connection method you choose (OLE DB,
ODBC, DDE), althogh it might be useful to know which method you are
using. It might be different if you happened to be connecting using the
Excel converter (which was obsolete by Excel 2003 AFAICR)

What if you open Word Edit-Recipients (it's probably easiest to do it
by enabling the Mail merge toolbar in View-Moolbars and using the
button in there) and press the Refresh button?

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk