Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
guitarguy guitarguy is offline

Default table of contents for 6x9 allignment

I love the table of contents feature in ms word 2007.
However, I inserted a table of contents into my 6x9 book (as per lulu.com's
template) and the numbers for the talbe flew off the page as if it were
alligned to a regular 8.5x11 page.

How do I allign the numbers to the right margin of the 6x9 book? I tried
doing it manually, but it never lines up (I used periods or dashes)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

By default, Word uses tab stops to position the page number. Adjust the
position of the right-aligned tab stop for each of the TOC styles (or add a
tab stop if it's missing). Usually, it is sufficient to place the insertion
point inside a TOC entry and then drag the tab stop into the desired
position (on the horizontal ruler); the style will update automatically
(unless you have turned that option off).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"guitarguy" wrote in message
I love the table of contents feature in ms word 2007.
However, I inserted a table of contents into my 6x9 book (as per
lulu.com's
template) and the numbers for the talbe flew off the page as if it were
alligned to a regular 8.5x11 page.

How do I allign the numbers to the right margin of the 6x9 book? I tried
doing it manually, but it never lines up (I used periods or dashes)

Numbering allignment gregt Microsoft Word Help 1 August 17th 07 05:40 AM
Footer allignment Sena Microsoft Word Help 1 April 30th 07 09:52 AM
Vertical allignment freesia2water Page Layout 1 November 19th 06 05:17 AM
Allignment Nicvic Microsoft Word Help 3 June 15th 05 09:45 PM
Help with allignment and spacing chris Microsoft Word Help 2 March 12th 05 02:57 PM