Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

Default How to change "author" colors in Word 2003 reviewing toolbar

How do I change the two author colors (red/blue) in the word 2003 reviewing
toolbar (show/options) to red and something else (like orange, not blue) that
I can read better against the green background that I have to use because of
my visual problems?

I read Shauna's nice piece of reviewing but she does not spell this out.

Also, can you add a third reviewer with yet another color? thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Click Tools | Options. On the Track Changes tab, specify the colors that you
want.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"removing all headers and footers"
t.com wrote in message
news
How do I change the two author colors (red/blue) in the word 2003
reviewing
toolbar (show/options) to red and something else (like orange, not blue)
that
I can read better against the green background that I have to use because
of
my visual problems?

I read Shauna's nice piece of reviewing but she does not spell this out.

Also, can you add a third reviewer with yet another color? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

OK, I found how to go down the list, but there are several authors boxes
there, and only the first one seems to work in my file. How do I set several
other authors to work in different colors on this veery same file? on this
very same computer and Word program?

It insists on just the first color I set for the first author blank there?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Click Tools | Options. On the Track Changes tab, specify the colors that you
want.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"removing all headers and footers"
t.com wrote in message
news
How do I change the two author colors (red/blue) in the word 2003
reviewing
toolbar (show/options) to red and something else (like orange, not blue)
that
I can read better against the green background that I have to use because
of
my visual problems?

I read Shauna's nice piece of reviewing but she does not spell this out.

Also, can you add a third reviewer with yet another color? thanks.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

If you select anything other than by author, all changes by all authors will
be shown in the same color. In other words, you cannot set colors for
individual authors. Sorry.

Pam

removing all headers and footers wrote:
OK, I found how to go down the list, but there are several authors boxes
there, and only the first one seems to work in my file. How do I set several
other authors to work in different colors on this veery same file? on this
very same computer and Word program?

It insists on just the first color I set for the first author blank there?

Click Tools | Options. On the Track Changes tab, specify the colors that you
want.

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Exactly. You either let Word choose the color (the "By Author" option), in
which case different users will have different colors (but you have no
control over the actual color that Word uses), or you pick a particular
color, the same for all authors.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe wrote in message
If you select anything other than by author, all changes by all authors
will
be shown in the same color. In other words, you cannot set colors for
individual authors. Sorry.

Pam

removing all headers and footers wrote:
OK, I found how to go down the list, but there are several authors boxes
there, and only the first one seems to work in my file. How do I set
several
other authors to work in different colors on this veery same file? on this
very same computer and Word program?

It insists on just the first color I set for the first author blank there?

Click Tools | Options. On the Track Changes tab, specify the colors that
you
want.

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

Thanks for the details. It seems this is another huge weakness in the
Microsoft Word product. Seems rather like an obvious problem, to let two
"authors" select two different colors of choice so as to read the file. They
need users to help with these issues, indeed. Thanks.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Note that if Word allowed you to assign colors "by author" *and* choose a specific color for yourself, the application would have to assign colors at random for other users' revisions. That's the only way to ensure that each editor has a unique color (on a particular installation). Although I'm sure this would be technically possible, it could be confusing, namely if editors assume that everyone else sees the same colors...

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP