Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jim S Jim S is offline

Default Default language changed by scanning

When I use Office 2007 Word or Publisher it defaults to UK English, which
is what I want.
However if I scan with Microsoft Office Scanning and transfer the text
to Word, the default language changes to English US.
I can change it back temporarily, but next time it has reverted to US
setting.
My Windows 7 settings are set for UK.
Is this something I can change or do I have to live with it?
--
Jim S

Tyneside UK
www.jimscott.co.uk
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is something you will have to live with. The application does not
differentiate between different flavours of English - but as this is only a
rudimentary OCR tool, you will in any case have to edit the document.
Applying the language is but a small extra step.

"Jim S" wrote in message
When I use Office 2007 Word or Publisher it defaults to UK English, which
is what I want.
However if I scan with Microsoft Office Scanning and transfer the text
to Word, the default language changes to English US.
I can change it back temporarily, but next time it has reverted to US
setting.
My Windows 7 settings are set for UK.
Is this something I can change or do I have to live with it?
--
Jim S

Tyneside UK
www.jimscott.co.uk

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jim S Jim S is offline

"Graham Mayor" wrote in
:

It is something you will have to live with. The application does not
differentiate between different flavours of English - but as this is
only a rudimentary OCR tool, you will in any case have to edit the
document. Applying the language is but a small extra step.

Thanks
--
Jim S

Tyneside UK