Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
richard richard is offline

Default Go to page

I have a long document and need to go the certain pages without having
to scroll down. How do I go to a particular page?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Press Ctrl+G to open the GoTo dialog, and enter the page number.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
"richard" wrote in message
I have a long document and need to go the certain pages without having
to scroll down. How do I go to a particular page?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
richard richard is offline

On 5/7/2010 5:04 PM, Jay Freedman wrote:
Press Ctrl+G to open the GoTo dialog, and enter the page number.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

"richard" wrote in
message ...
I have a long document and need to go the certain pages without having
to scroll down. How do I go to a particular page?
Thanks

Jay,

Thank you so much. This will save me a lot of time.
How in the world do you know all these things? The Help File in Word
2007 did not seem to offer any assistance--at least when I querried "Go
to page" and "Page."
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 07 May 2010 18:09:04 -0400, richard
wrote:

On 5/7/2010 5:04 PM, Jay Freedman wrote:
Press Ctrl+G to open the GoTo dialog, and enter the page number.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

"richard" wrote in
message ...
I have a long document and need to go the certain pages without having
to scroll down. How do I go to a particular page?
Thanks

Jay,

Thank you so much. This will save me a lot of time.
How in the world do you know all these things? The Help File in Word
2007 did not seem to offer any assistance--at least when I querried "Go
to page" and "Page."

How do I know? I've been using Word since version 2.0c almost 20 years
ago, so I've had plenty of time to crawl through some of the obscure
corners. This particular shortcut has been around so long that I don't
remember when it first appeared. I read these newsgroups and forums
every day, read my colleagues' web pages, and trawl through the new
features in every release. I spend a lot of time on it so that you
don't have to. :-)

If you suspect that there's a keyboard shortcut for something, type
'keyboard shortcuts' into the Help search box. Even in the Word 2007
help (which hits a new low for bad indexing) that will display a link
for 'Keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Office Word'. On that page,
follow the instructions under "Search This Article" and search for the
phrase 'go to'. The second hit is "Go to a page, bookmark, footnote,
table, comment, graphic, or other location".

For other kinds of questions, you can use your favorite Web search
engine, which will undoubtedly turn up more and better results than
Microsoft's help, and you can ask here.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman