Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default two styles on same line

I've forgotten how to place two styles on the same line; e.g., style 3 is
alphabetical and style 4 is numerical. I have a document that calls for a
paragraph (h)(1). How can I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You cannot use two paragraph styles in the one paragraph, but you can have
each in a separate paragraph and format the end of paragraph mark (ΒΆ) as
hidden.

However, you may be able to define styles that provide the combined
numbering that you want

For information about how to set up the numbering, see:
How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Microsoft Word
document
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

If you create a template to hold your numbering scheme, you can use that
template as the basis for new documents (using File New) and the new
documents will then inherit your numbering scheme. To do that, see:

Creating a Template - The Basics (Part I)
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...platePart1.htm

Creating a Template (Part II)
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Island Girl" wrote in message
I've forgotten how to place two styles on the same line; e.g., style 3 is
alphabetical and style 4 is numerical. I have a document that calls for a
paragraph (h)(1). How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You can also use a style separator instead of a hidden paragraph mark. It
works essentially the same, but the two paragraphs are displayed as one even
when Hidden text is displayed.

http://word.mvps.org

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Thanks, Doug, for your help today and for all the other times you've pointed
me in the right direction!