0.o 0.o is offline
Junior Member

Default shortcuts

just so you know, i am totally useless with computers.

today i deleted the word shortcut off my desktop, thinking ot would delete only the desktop shortcut. however, now when i look for word, all the shortcuts havo gone - when i type 'word' intot he vista start search bar thing, it comes up with excel, powerpoint etc. but no word. word is still installed as i can run existing word documents - im fairly sure there is a ridiculously simple solution i have overlooked, but as I said, i am useless wih computers. can i gat my shortcuts back?
(oh and being a fool, i emptied my recycle bin too :/)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Deleting a shortcut from the desktop does not delete the application.
Right click the desktop, Select New Shortcut
Browse to My Computer C: Program Files Microsoft Office OfficeNN
(where NN is the Word version) winword.exe
and click OK
OR
Repair Office from the Windows Add or Remove Programs applet.

--
0.o

shortcuts MoJR Microsoft Word Help 9 December 3rd 06 05:04 AM
Shortcuts krista Microsoft Word Help 1 August 9th 05 06:58 PM
Shortcuts JPO New Users 2 March 25th 05 11:17 AM
Tab shortcuts gone???? Kay Danvers via OfficeKB.com New Users 1 March 10th 05 04:28 PM
how to min and max by shortcuts new office 2003 user Microsoft Word Help 3 January 19th 05 09:00 PM