Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kelli Kelli is offline

Default Linked files

My manager received a Word 2007 document with icons at the bottom to open PDF
files. For him they do not open, but open for me and the person who sent to
him.
We are mapped to the same servers, so it is not a mappining issue. Is there
a setting somewhere in Word 2007 that would prevent opening linked files?
Thanks
Kelli
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If the links are hyperlinks, your manager may have to hold Ctrl as he clicks
them.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kelli" wrote in message
My manager received a Word 2007 document with icons at the bottom to open PDF
files. For him they do not open, but open for me and the person who sent to
him.
We are mapped to the same servers, so it is not a mappining issue. Is there
a setting somewhere in Word 2007 that would prevent opening linked files?
Thanks
Kelli

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kelli Kelli is offline

Thank you for the suggestion, but that did not resolve the issue either.
Any other possible causes / possible resolution will be greatfully received.

Kelli

"Kelli" wrote in message
My manager received a Word 2007 document with icons at the bottom to open PDF
files. For him they do not open, but open for me and the person who sent to
him.
We are mapped to the same servers, so it is not a mappining issue. Is there
a setting somewhere in Word 2007 that would prevent opening linked files?
Thanks
Kelli

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I'm guessing these are OLE (automation) objects then? Is it a general problem
for your manager, or only for that particular file?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kelli" wrote in message
My manager received a Word 2007 document with icons at the bottom to open
PDF
files. For him they do not open, but open for me and the person who sent
him.
We are mapped to the same servers, so it is not a mappining issue. Is
there
a setting somewhere in Word 2007 that would prevent opening linked files?
Thanks
Kelli

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kelli Kelli is offline

It is a problem for only the manager, and is a general problem not file
specific.
Everything works fine for me and several others.

"Kelli" wrote in message
My manager received a Word 2007 document with icons at the bottom to open
PDF
files. For him they do not open, but open for me and the person who sent
him.
We are mapped to the same servers, so it is not a mappining issue. Is
there
a setting somewhere in Word 2007 that would prevent opening linked files?
Thanks
Kelli

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It must be a problem with the registry settings for OLE objects. I don't know
how to fix that. Sorry. Maybe someone else knows?

If you don't receive a response shortly, you may want to repost the question (in
a few days). Actually, you may want to post the question in the Answers forum
(see http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx), since this newsgroup is
closing on June 1.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kelli" wrote in message
My manager received a Word 2007 document with icons at the bottom to
open
PDF
files. For him they do not open, but open for me and the person who
sent
him.
We are mapped to the same servers, so it is not a mappining issue. Is
there
a setting somewhere in Word 2007 that would prevent opening linked
files?
Thanks
Kelli

.

.

Excel linked files Gert Microsoft Word Help 0 November 18th 09 01:36 PM
Linked files WCA dawg Microsoft Word Help 1 June 30th 09 11:52 PM
changing embedded files to linked files kylemackie Microsoft Word Help 1 June 4th 08 11:55 AM
linked files lpatt Microsoft Word Help 4 May 30th 08 06:18 AM
Can I convert linked files to embedded files in MS Word leesi Microsoft Word Help 6 February 23rd 06 10:51 PM