Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ClaireP ClaireP is offline

Default Header image jumps

Hi all,

I have a background image inserted into my page header.

However, when I insert several pages of text, my header page background
jumps to the 4th page.

has anyone experiences anything similar or have any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Claire
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What you are describing suggests that there is a section break somewhere at the
beginning of the document. If you double-click on the header with the picture to
activate the header/footer area, what does the "label" on the bottom left of the
header say ("Header -Section 2-" perhaps)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ClaireP" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a background image inserted into my page header.

However, when I insert several pages of text, my header page background
jumps to the 4th page.

has anyone experiences anything similar or have any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Claire

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ClaireP ClaireP is offline

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for replying to my post. The label simply says 'First Page Header'.

I have a different first page background to the following pages, if this
helps at all.

Thanks
Claire

"ClaireP" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a background image inserted into my page header.

However, when I insert several pages of text, my header page background
jumps to the 4th page.

has anyone experiences anything similar or have any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Claire

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In addition to "First page header" you should see the section number (somewhere
below the header).

"First page header" suggests that you have enabled "Different first page" in
Page Setup. You will have to copy the picture into your main header; that way,
it will be repeated throughout the section. In case one or more headers have
been unlinked from their "neighbors" in the preceding section, you will have to
copy the picture into those unlinked sections as well.

For more on headers, footers, and sections, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Image in Header Catfive Page Layout 5 May 9th 23 02:48 AM
header with an image New New Users 3 September 6th 08 12:29 PM
Textbox is overlapping my header? It "jumps" up there when... Guy Page Layout 4 November 19th 06 09:08 PM
when I edit a header it always jumps back to the first pg kmackey263 Microsoft Word Help 2 October 23rd 06 12:43 AM
Graphic jumps to the header Rainaelan Microsoft Word Help 1 June 29th 06 07:49 PM