Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
QNman QNman is offline

Default How do I make Word 2007 as smart as 2003?

I am new to 2007, was familiar and comfortable with 2003.

When making numbered lists in 2003, Word always seemed to "get it" and if I
changed one part of the numbered list (formatting), it would correct the rest
of the list. Using tab or alt-tab shifted one position to match the previous
numbered lists quite effectively; better than 1997 did.

2007 can't seem to get it. If I make a correction to one part, if more
likely messes up what I just corrected, rather than correct the rest as I
just did. Also, tab and alt-tab seem to really confuse it - it makes up new
formats of numbered lists that flat don't match what I have previously input.
I have to re-format each time I change numbered list levels - very
frustrating.

And help is appreciated.