Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kplank2 kplank2 is offline

Default Styles change when someone reviews a document and returns it

Using Word 2007, I'm creating a template that will be used for writing
policies. Formatting has become an issue though.

If I use the default MS Word styles, the formatting of the document will
sometimes change if the doc is sent to someone else for review and that
person then returns the document with edits. For example, a text line will
no longer be flush with the Heading 1 line above. Is that because that
reader's style specifications for Heading 1 might differ from mine even
though the style names are the same?

If I rename the MS Word styles (e.g., CIP-Heading 1) am I likely to run into
the same formatting problems if I send the document out for review? Or
because these would be unique names, would the styles stay true as the
document went from computer to computer?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The settings of the style you have been using will be stored in the document; it
will *not* be affected by the recipient's style definitions.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP