Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
artinhmb artinhmb is offline

Default Setting fonts and Shapes to specific RGB color in Office for Mac

I am a recent Mac user and have not found the similar functionality of
setting a color (font, fill, etc) to a specific RGB value. I have the values
I need in RGB, CYMK, Pantone and Web, but I cannot locate any field in which
to type them. Any advice is great...
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Setting fonts and Shapes to specific RGB color in Office for Mac

Setting a Font or Shape to a Specific RGB Color in Office for Mac

To set a font or shape to a specific RGB color in Office for Mac, follow these steps:
  1. Select the text or shape that you want to change the color of.
  2. Click on the "Format" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Shape Styles" or "Text Styles" group, click on the "Shape Fill" or "Font Color" button, respectively.
  4. In the drop-down menu that appears, click on "More Colors".
  5. In the "Colors" window that appears, click on the "RGB Sliders" tab.
  6. Enter the RGB values that you have into the corresponding fields.
  7. Click "OK" to apply the color to your text or shape.

If you have the CYMK, Pantone, or Web values for your desired color, you can convert them to RGB using an online color converter tool. Once you have the RGB values, you can follow the steps above to apply the color to your text or shape.

Note: No macro or Visual Basic code was found in the text.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I can't swear that Mac has the same controls, but in Windows versions, when
you select the color (font color, fill color, shading color), there is a
limited palette of colored squares and a button or menu item for More
Colors. Select More Colors and then the Custom tab, which is where you can
enter RGB values.

http://word.mvps.org

"artinhmb" wrote in message
news
I am a recent Mac user and have not found the similar functionality of
setting a color (font, fill, etc) to a specific RGB value. I have the
values
I need in RGB, CYMK, Pantone and Web, but I cannot locate any field in
which
to type them. Any advice is great...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

From any colour selection dialog click More Colors Custom and enter a
value.
For font colours, save the result as a character style for ease of
formatting.

news