Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
pensive hamster pensive hamster is offline

Default Scroll wheel not working in Word 7

I have Word for Windows 95 version 7.0. I am using it on my current
XP Home SP3 system, and it works fine, except that the mouse scroll
wheel doesn't work in Word. It works fine in all other apps. Any
suggestions?

It is a Labtec mouse. Device Manager says:
PS/2 Compatible Mouse
This device is working properly
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 01/07/2001
Driver Version: 5.1.2600.0

(I know there are more recent versions of Word, but I'm a skinflint. I
was using Open Office for a while, but find it slower and more clunky
than Word, though it is handy for opening files from more recent
versions of Word that my elderly version doesn't like.)

With thanks
Pensive Hamster
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Swifty Swifty is offline

On Tue, 25 May 2010 08:13:23 -0700 (PDT), pensive hamster
wrote:

the mouse scroll
wheel doesn't work in Word. It works fine in all other apps. Any
suggestions?

While you're waiting for someone who knows what they are talking
about, take a look at your mouse settings. There's some sort of
"legacy" mode which you can set for programs that don't work properly.

I've never had to do this, so I'm just passing on what I recall
reading.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert2 Robert2 is offline

Hi,
Try running "WizMouse" concurrently with Word (free utility found at
www.antibody-software.com).
HTH.
--
Cheers
Robert

On Tue, 25 May 2010 08:13:23 -0700 (PDT), pensive hamster wrote:

I have Word for Windows 95 version 7.0. I am using it on my current
XP Home SP3 system, and it works fine, except that the mouse scroll
wheel doesn't work in Word. It works fine in all other apps. Any
suggestions?

It is a Labtec mouse. Device Manager says:
PS/2 Compatible Mouse
This device is working properly
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 01/07/2001
Driver Version: 5.1.2600.0

(I know there are more recent versions of Word, but I'm a skinflint. I
was using Open Office for a while, but find it slower and more clunky
than Word, though it is handy for opening files from more recent
versions of Word that my elderly version doesn't like.)

With thanks
Pensive Hamster

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

wrote:
the mouse scroll
wheel doesn't work in Word. It works fine in all other apps. Any
suggestions?

While you're waiting for someone who knows what they are talking
about, take a look at your mouse settings. There's some sort of
"legacy" mode which you can set for programs that don't work properly.

There is a Program Compatibility Wizard for getting older programs to
run on Windows XP, which I tried a while ago, but that doesn't seem to
help.
PH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

On May 25, 8:03*pm, Robert2 wrote:
Hi,
Try running "WizMouse" concurrently with Word (free utility found atwww.antibody-software.com).
HTH.
--
Cheers
Robert

Tried installing WizMouse, but it doesn't make my mouse wheel work in
Word 7. The 'Enable mouse wheel for applications without mouse wheel
support' option is ticked OK.

It does enable scrolling in non focused-on windows without clicking
first, so to that extent it must have installed correctly.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion, it was worth a try.

Slightly sad Hamster

On Tue, 25 May 2010 08:13:23 -0700 (PDT), pensive hamster wrote:
I have Word for Windows 95 version 7.0. *I am using it on my current
XP Home SP3 system, and it works fine, except that the mouse scroll
wheel doesn't work in Word. It works fine in all other apps. Any
suggestions?

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mr. Raymond Kenneth Petry Mr. Raymond Kenneth Petry is offline

ODDLY ENOUGH,

There is an issue with IE8, popup boxes, where both the rovot Wheel and
up-and-down-arrows have no effect ... (e.g. it's defeated on msdn.com/library
feedback).

Just thinking ex-pansive-ly, 'hamster'....

Ray.

"pensive hamster" wrote:

I have Word for Windows 95 version 7.0. I am using it on my current
XP Home SP3 system, and it works fine, except that the mouse scroll
wheel doesn't work in Word. It works fine in all other apps. Any
suggestions?

It is a Labtec mouse. Device Manager says:
PS/2 Compatible Mouse
This device is working properly
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 01/07/2001
Driver Version: 5.1.2600.0

(I know there are more recent versions of Word, but I'm a skinflint. I
was using Open Office for a while, but find it slower and more clunky
than Word, though it is handy for opening files from more recent
versions of Word that my elderly version doesn't like.)

With thanks
Pensive Hamster
.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
pensive hamster pensive hamster is offline

On May 28, 9:05*pm, Mr. Raymond Kenneth Petry
wrote:
ODDLY ENOUGH,

There is an issue with IE8, popup boxes, where both the rovot Wheel and
up-and-down-arrows have no effect ... (e.g. it's defeated on msdn.com/library
feedback).

Just thinking ex-pansive-ly, 'hamster'....

Had a quick search on msdn.com, but couldn't find anything directly
relevant, though I did learn about Ctrl - wheel for zooming in and out
of webpages (and in Open Office too), which is handier than Ctrl +/-.
So I've learnt something new today.
PH