Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Frustrated User Frustrated User is offline

Default How do I center the page on the screen in Word?

The default view in the Print Layout has the page justified to the left. How
can I center it on my monitor so that it dosen't look so lopsided?

Microsoft Word 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Do you mean that the page area occupies the left side of the Word window? If
so increase the view zoom or reduce the size of the window until it moves to
the centre.

frustrated user wrote:
The default view in the Print Layout has the page justified to the
left. How can I center it on my monitor so that it dosen't look so
lopsided?

Microsoft Word 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rich007 Rich007 is offline

Under View Zoom, click the button under "Many pages" and then click a
single page (the top left one) to give you a "1 x 1 pages".

Now if you zoom using the mouse wheel while holding Ctrl, it wont matter
what the zoom percentage is, your page will always be centred.

Unfortunately, it isn't sticky (in my Word 2003), so if you are using a wide
screen monitor, this comes back each time you start a new document. (Anyone
know a registry hack for this???)

You could put the following code in a macro and either call it from a button
on the toolbar, or add it to an autoexec macro in the normal template:

Sub ZomeOnePageWidth()
' Macro to force one page only across the screen width and zoom to 100%.
'
With ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Zoom
.PageColumns = 1
.Percentage = 100
End With
End Sub

Another way round this is to have a task pane showing and adjust its width
so there isn't room for two pages side by side at your preferred zoom setting.

Hope that helps.
Cheers
Rich

frustrated user wrote:
The default view in the Print Layout has the page justified to the
left. How can I center it on my monitor so that it dosen't look so
lopsided?

Microsoft Word 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rob FERRIE Rob FERRIE is offline

Default easy

Highlight the "100%" and change it to 101%... done!

frustrated user wrote:

On Tuesday, September 01, 2009 12:07 PM Rich007 wrote:

Under View Zoom, click the button under "Many pages" and then click a
single page (the top left one) to give you a "1 x 1 pages".

Now if you zoom using the mouse wheel while holding Ctrl, it wont matter
what the zoom percentage is, your page will always be centred.

Unfortunately, it is not sticky (in my Word 2003), so if you are using a wide
screen monitor, this comes back each time you start a new document. (Anyone
know a registry hack for this???)

You could put the following code in a macro and either call it from a button
on the toolbar, or add it to an autoexec macro in the normal template:

Sub ZomeOnePageWidth()
' Macro to force one page only across the screen width and zoom to 100%.
'
With ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Zoom
.PageColumns = 1
.Percentage = 100
End With
End Sub

Another way round this is to have a task pane showing and adjust its width
so there is not room for two pages side by side at your preferred zoom setting.

Hope that helps.
Cheers
Rich

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

ComponentOne Studio for ASP.NET AJAX - Free License Giveaway
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-giveaway.aspx