sanastas sanastas is offline
Junior Member

Default Word error message

Hello! I have a problem
When I attempt to open a word document, I get a error message:
"Word failed reading from this file. Please restore the network connection or replace floppy disk and retry."
Does anyone know how I can fix this ? It's a very important document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you previously worked on this file without a problem? Or is it a file that
has just been emailed to you, or that you downloaded from a web site?

Also it would be useful to know your version of Word and your Operating System.

On Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at 9:31:01 AM UTC-4, sanastas wrote:

Hello! I have a problem
When I attempt to open a word document, I get a error message:
"Word failed reading from this file. Please restore the network
connection or replace floppy disk and retry."
Does anyone know how I can fix this ? It's a very important document.

[email protected] linomileto@bestmail.u is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanastas View Post
Hello! I have a problem
When I attempt to open a word document, I get a error message:
"Word failed reading from this file. Please restore the network connection or replace floppy disk and retry."
Does anyone know how I can fix this ? It's a very important document.

When a Word document file is corrupted, then you can try several methods to recover it:

1. First of all, you can try the recovery function integrated with Microsoft Word, as follows:

1) On the File menu, click Open.
2) In the Look in list, click the drive, folder, or Internet location that contains the file that you want to open.
3) In the folder list, locate and open the folder that contains the file.
4) Select the file that you want to recover.
5) Click the arrow next to the Open button, and then click Open and Repair.

See more on this site: http://community.office365.com/en-us.../t/269739.aspx

Regards