Antonf Antonf is offline
Junior Member

Question Different level 2 formats

A document I am preparing for a VERY PEDANTIC client has painted me in a corner.

The text is in 4 numbered levels throughout (1. , 1.1. , 1.1.1. , 1.1.1.1 etc.) Very simple and straightforward, except that in some cases level 2 (1.1.) is a paragraph level and on other cases a heading.

When level 2 is a heading the client wants both the heading number and the text in bold, and when it is a paragraph neither the number nor the text should be bold.

How on earth do I achieve that?

Your kind assistance will be greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Different level 2 formats

It was bad form of the pedantic client to mix the numbering of paragraphs and
headings that way in the first place!

I suspect the best you can do is format them whichever way is more common, wait until the document is absolutely finalized, then convert the headings to static text and change the formatting where you need to.

--
Antonf

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you set up the body text style so that it is based on Heading 2, then
they will share a numbering system.

In the Modify Style dialog box for the body text style, look for the "Style
based on" setting.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP