Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Raj Raj is offline

Default How can MS Word macro help in my PhD thesis writing?

I want to speed up my PhD thesis writing as I have to finish in two months
time. What are the different uses of Macro's that I can use to efficiently
use Microsoft word in writing my thesis? The helps are very basic thats
available online. Can anyone tell me precisely how to use macro. Or can you
also guide me to the correct website which has video clips on its use?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Raj,

As Suzanne said, using styles correctly is extremely helpful. See this link
for an example:
"Save Yourself Hours by Using Outline View"
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...singOLView.htm

Macros and other automation tricks are most useful when you find yourself
doing the exact same thing over and over again.

For instance, I often have to run the same Find and Replace, so I recorded a
macro that lets me run it in one click instead of setting it up over and
over again.
"Creating a macro with no programming experience using the recorder"
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/UsingRecorder.htm

For instance, if you frequently Insert a Table, and then have to reformat
it, you might set up an AutoText that saves your table in your custom
format.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm

If you frequently type the same long words, you might set up abbreviations
in AutoCorrect.
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm

So, this is rather an impossible question to answer, because no one on this
board knows what repetitive tasks you have, that might suit a macro or other
automation.

There are more links aimed at writers of theses and books he
http://daiya.mvps.org/bookword.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Macros are programs that you create to automate procedures. It will take you
longer than the two months time scale to learn how to use them beyond the
basic level. As well as the correct use of styles, you may wish to
investigate autotext and autocorrect which will be of more use to you in the
short term.

Raj wrote:
I want to speed up my PhD thesis writing as I have to finish in two
months time. What are the different uses of Macro's that I can use
to efficiently use Microsoft word in writing my thesis? The helps
are very basic thats available online. Can anyone tell me precisely
how to use macro. Or can you also guide me to the correct website
which has video clips on its use? Thanks.

elainekwak elainekwak is offline
Junior Member

PhD Thesis is most professionally used in higher studies. A complete PhD thesis requires planning, writing and proposing thesis statement. Thesis written in Ms which compiles all the thesis writing draft with combine and make one report.An Expert writers and the exceptional analyses who have the capability to deliver the masterpiece of thesis.

Last edited by elainekwak : May 28th 15 at 11:52 AM

rosemartin rosemartin is offline
Junior Member

MS Word macro is the best writing tool for the writers under practice. Thesis writing is the lengthiest task to complete; it requires proper attention and good research skills. I also start writing my own thesis on macro but it could only help me to correct the possible errors and the copied material from the following resource. Only a professional thesis writer can use the macro professionally. You should concern a thesis provider for your assistance he can guide you in a well manner.
jadedexter jadedexter is offline
Junior Member

MS word macro is one of the best writing tools recommended by majority of the well known writing professionals. It has all the necessary elements which a common writer uses to write and arrange a beautiful piece of content. But for a beginner it is quite difficult to use a macro sheet especially the students doing assignments on this sheet. Academic institutes assign the writing tasks to the students to get the best assignments and the best grades. Students should learn how to use a macro sheet before start doing writing on it.