#1   Report Post  

Default Docx Files Error Msg

Hi I need to open DOCX files on a regular basis and my pc wont allow me to, the msg I get when I try to open these files is posted below as an attachment, please have a look at this msg and let me know why and what i need to do, is this file type suppose to be like a pdf doc?
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
external usenet poster

Default Docx Files Error Msg

On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 3:31:02 PM UTC-4, Adams wrote:

Hi I need to open DOCX files on a regular basis and my pc wont allow me
to, the msg I get when I try to open these files is posted below as an
attachment, please have a look at this msg and let me know why and what
i need to do, is this file type suppose to be like a pdf doc?

You can't post an attachment to a newsgroup.

Are you trying to open .docx files on a computer with Word 2003 or earlier?
They gave out a free "compatibility pack" back in 2006 when the new format was introduced. It enabled you to open .docx files in earlier versions, though
you couldn't save in the new format. Maybe you can still find it at the web site.
  #3   Report Post  

Hi, this problem often happens
try the following: Download Remo Recover software and install it on your Windows or Mac system. http://www.docx.repair/

Launch the software and select Recover Files option from the main screen.

In the next screen select Recover Deleted Files or Recover Lost Files option based on your requirement. Choose the drive from which your files need to be recovered.

Next, choose the Select File Type option to search for only docx files. The scanning process starts now. Once it is completed, preview the recovered files using Preview option and save them at a location of your choice.