Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heather C.[_2_] Heather C.[_2_] is offline

Default PDF inserted into a Word doc is fuzzy/poor quality. Why?

When I insert a pdf into a Word doc (the cover page, in this case), it is not
pretty. The quality looks poor and unprofessional.

Any ideas on how to overcome this?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

PDF is a graphic format - unless you insert it at 100% size there will be
artefacts due to the shrinkage. Word will cause inserted objects to shrink
to the current margins.

Inserting PDF files *is* poor and unprofessional.

Heather C. wrote:
When I insert a pdf into a Word doc (the cover page, in this case),
it is not pretty. The quality looks poor and unprofessional.

Any ideas on how to overcome this?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heather C.[_2_] Heather C.[_2_] is offline

So you're saying that inserting a pdf into a document is not recommended.
What's the alternative?
Heather

Heather C. wrote:
When I insert a pdf into a Word doc (the cover page, in this case),
it is not pretty. The quality looks poor and unprofessional.

Any ideas on how to overcome this?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It depends what the objective is. If this is as suggested a cover page -
then recreate the cover page in Word. If you are inserting PDF files with a
document for reference, then print the PDFs directly from Acrobat or Adobe
reader and attach them. Inserted PDF files are always going to be something
of a compromise. The whole point of PDF is that it is not an editable format
but a stand-alone graphical representation of a document.

Did you check the inserted size of the object?

Heather C. wrote:
When I insert a pdf into a Word doc (the cover page, in this case),
it is not pretty. The quality looks poor and unprofessional.

Any ideas on how to overcome this?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heather C.[_2_] Heather C.[_2_] is offline

I hear you in your suggestion of recreating the cover in Word. A designer
already created a really nice looking cover sheet for me, so it would be
great to use it. Obviously, he works in the Mac world and I, in Windows so it
be laborious for him to send all the elements for recreation on my end (and I
am not sure I could do it justice).

His pdf is currently sized at 256kb. Would changing the size help the
situation? Your continued help is appreciated.

Heather

Heather C. wrote:
When I insert a pdf into a Word doc (the cover page, in this case),
it is not pretty. The quality looks poor and unprofessional.

Any ideas on how to overcome this?

Thank you.

Jim Oz Jim Oz is offline
Junior Member

Open PDF.

Click Save As

Choose jpg

In your Word doc insert Picture.

You PDF is now saved as an image an easy to insert into Word doc without the loss of quality.

Think Parsimony.

Jim Oz