Antonbro Antonbro is offline
Junior Member

Default Recovering an unsaved word file that was saved and opened only from a USB drive (USB

Hello Expert,
I was working on a lengthy word file on my computer. I was saving and opening it only from a jump drive. I have misplaced the jump drive somewhere. I would like to know whether I could recover the file from my PC.
I read in a website that word files could be recovered from .tmp, .asd (auto recovery files) and .doc files. I suppose there would be no .doc files. But can it be recovered from the .tmp or .asd files.

If the .tmp or .asd files have been deleted, can we undelete them using a software and then recover the word file from it.
Please keep in mind that the document always had proper shut downs and my computer has never crashed.
(I would also like to know whether .asd and .tmp files are stored on RAM or what and how does it make a difference in recovering them and then opening them in word if possible at all)
DerrickJ07 DerrickJ07 is offline
Junior Member

No it is adsadsadsadsadsadas

Last edited by DerrickJ07 : December 4th 15 at 12:33 PM