jjasmith4 jjasmith4 is offline
Junior Member

Default Zooming/resizing issues with Excel 2010 objects in a Word 2010 document

Office 2010 all the way: I have a Word document in which I've inserted an Excel object -- from a file, but not linked to it, so it's embedded, and it's an inline shape. Every time I either Edit or Open the Worksheet Object, either Excel or Word or BOTH change the size of the object, and in Word I usually have to go to Format Object's Size tab, turn OFF the aspect ratio, then Reset to make it return to normal.

I've seen some old solutions here, but none works:
- Since OLE depends on screen resolution and/or external monitors, use one monitor: tried that to no avail
- Make it an inline shape -- I did and always have

There's ONE incomplete solution out there which says go to Advanced Options, write down THESE settings, un-check them all, then restore them. But there's no picture or description of even ONE of those settings!

Does anyone know what these settings are, or of any other way that OLE-embedded objects can behave correctly?