Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rick Rick is offline

Default How to check box in Word 2007 fax template?

I recently converted to the Office 2007 suite. I am trying to check one of
the 'Action Requested' checkboxes on the Fax Cover Sheet-Professional Design
downloaded from MS. None of the boxes will check. Am I missing something or
are they only meant for a 'manual' checkmark?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Rick,

The Business, Contemporary, Elegant, Personal and Professional Fax templates included in previous versions of Word were dropped from
Word 2007 in favor of 'more up to date' ones that include Word 2007 document control fields and that are setup to have Word 2007's
theme feature available.

In downloading the legacy 'Fax Cover Sheet' templates from http://office.microsoft.com/templates
or from inside Word 2007 using

Office File Button=New=Fax category
The 'Fax cover sheet(Profession Design)' and
'Fax cover sheet(Contemporary Desin) include the macrobutton fields that Suzanne mentioned, to make the check boxes switchable
between checked and uncheck but lack the needed macros and Autotext entries to make them function.

The copy of 'Fax cover sheet(Elegant Design)'
has the macro buttons and also the 'Checked Box' and 'Unchecked box' Document Building block (Autotext) entries, but still lack the
two macros, 'checkit' and 'uncheckit' to enable them to do their thing.

Whether that's a Microsoft action to keep active content out of the templates, or an oversight on someone uploading them I can't
say

However, once you've saved those templates to your hard drive you can obtain those macros, Autotext entries and how to use them
he
http://gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

You can also add Macrobuttons to any of the newer Word 2007 templates available from
Office File Button=New=Fax

template category and save your custom template to your PC for later use.

=================
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Rick,

Forgot to mention that if you use
Office Files Button=New=Installed Templates
that some of the new designs, such as 'Equity Fax' (the replacement for the previous 'Professional fax') uses small, one cell tables
as boxes you can type an 'x' in, individually, rather than relying on the checkit functions of the Macrobutton fields being
present.

================
"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote in message
[...]

James ben James ben is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
I recently converted to the Office 2007 suite. I am trying to check one of
the 'Action Requested' checkboxes on the Fax Cover Sheet-Professional Design
downloaded from MS. None of the boxes will check. Am I missing something or
are they only meant for a 'manual' checkmark?
I need some kind of help from you buddy. I need to use free fax service. If you know about any free fax service. Please let me know.