Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Mike is offline

Default how do i set up to print date,time and name onto a grad. card

i'm trying to print date, time and name on a graduation card that all ready
has the spaces. i would like to load the cards into my printer and print this
off instead of writing it by hand, but i don't know what program to use to
set this up. help would be apprectiated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You can do it with Word or Publisher. But it's not as simple and you'd
think. You need to line up where your text is so that it falls on or at
least near the lines. (I've done it and it's a bugger.) If you do try it,
make some photo copies of your cards because it's a trial and error thing.
You'll end up with several rejects before you get the text boxes where you
want them.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"mike" wrote in message
i'm trying to print date, time and name on a graduation card that all
ready
has the spaces. i would like to load the cards into my printer and print
this
off instead of writing it by hand, but i don't know what program to use to
set this up. help would be apprectiated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

If you have Publisher, setup a custom page size in your printer driver the
dimensions of your card. Page setup should reflect this printer setup
Scan the card, place the scan on the Master Page. Create text boxes on the
publication page for filling the spaces.
Do a couple of trials. If it works okay and you have a lot of names, use mail
merge. When you are ready to print, View, check Ignore Master Page.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"mike" wrote in message
i'm trying to print date, time and name on a graduation card that all ready
has the spaces. i would like to load the cards into my printer and print this
off instead of writing it by hand, but i don't know what program to use to
set this up. help would be apprectiated.

hanamark hanamark is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
i'm trying to print date, time and name on a graduation card that all ready
has the spaces. i would like to load the cards into my printer and print this
off instead of writing it by hand, but i don't know what program to use to
set this up. help would be apprectiated.
i have the same question like you. snow rider 3d