Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BiancaM BiancaM is offline

Default How do I get the edit citation dialogue box to appear?

I have been trying to learn report writing. Added a citation in Word 2007,
the edit citation dialogue box should come up automatically when I click the
citation, but it does not.

I think the solution is somewhere in the office button, but where?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Do you mean when clicking the in-text citation?

You have to either right click somewhere inside the box surrounding the
citation or use the button on the right and select "Edit Source" from the
available options.

If for some reason this does not work, you could also press the "Manage
Sources" button on the "References" tab, select the citation you wish to
change from the right column and click the "Edit..." button.

Yves
--
BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography styles
http://bibword.codeplex.com

"BiancaM" wrote in message
I have been trying to learn report writing. Added a citation in Word 2007,
the edit citation dialogue box should come up automatically when I click
the
citation, but it does not.

I think the solution is somewhere in the office button, but where?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Right click on the Citation and then select either Edit Citation or Edit
Source

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"BiancaM" wrote in message
I have been trying to learn report writing. Added a citation in Word 2007,
the edit citation dialogue box should come up automatically when I click
the
citation, but it does not.

I think the solution is somewhere in the office button, but where?

Alda Spinka Alda Spinka is offline
Banned

The edit citation dialogue box appears when you are in the middle of editing a citation and have a choice to make. You can use this dialogue box to change the citation format, whether it be AMA or APA. Visit https://copycollege.org/ to read more details.The citation editor will then appear in a new window. You can use this editor to modify and add citations to your work.