Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ray D Ray D is offline

Default Word 2007 context menu New MS Word Document template

I have purchased and installed Office 2007 Standard and have a problem with
opening new documents in Word.

I have customised normal.dotm and Word opens with my customised settings if
I Click on New...Blank Document, or if I just open Word to a blank page.

However, if I right click in a folder and use the context menu to open a new
Word document (New Microsoft Office Word Document) it opens with a blank page
set to Words built in defaults, and not my customised defaults.

What have I done wrong, and more importantly, how can I make the folder
contect menu open a new document with the defaults I have set in normal.dotm
or normal.dotx?

Many thanks,

Ray Dawson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?UmF5IEQ=?=,

I have purchased and installed Office 2007 Standard and have a problem with
opening new documents in Word.

I have customised normal.dotm and Word opens with my customised settings if
I Click on New...Blank Document, or if I just open Word to a blank page.

However, if I right click in a folder and use the context menu to open a new
Word document (New Microsoft Office Word Document) it opens with a blank page
set to Words built in defaults, and not my customised defaults.

What have I done wrong, and more importantly, how can I make the folder
contect menu open a new document with the defaults I have set in normal.dotm
or normal.dotx?

That's correct, Word doesn't use Normal.dotm when you go over the context menu
in Windows. That uses something entirely different. Fellow MVP Herb Tyson
tracked it down to this

"In:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.docx\Word.Document.12\ShellNew

There is no FileName entry. If I add a string value here named FileName, and
fill in WINWORD12.DOCX (for example), this fixes Word's behavior when
creating a new Word 12 file in Windows Explorer."

Note that this file needs to be stored in the "ShellNew" folder for the user
(somewhere under documents and Settings/[user profile])

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Arlenill Arlenill is offline
Banned

If you're a professional who uses Microsoft Word 2007, you're probably well aware of the context menu. This menu is a great way to quickly access various Word features. One of the options on the context menu is the "New MS Word Document" template.

This template is a great way to quickly create a new Word document. It includes all of the necessary formatting and layout options that you need to get started. Plus, it's easy to use and customizable.

When you select the "New MS Word Document" template from the context menu, a new Rockwool RWA45 50mm Word document will be created using the default settings. However, you can easily change these settings to suit your needs.

For example, you can change the margins, paper size, and orientation. You can also add or remove headers and footers. Plus, you can change the font, font size, and text color.

Once you've customized the "New MS Word Document" template to your liking, you can save it as a new template. This way, you can use it over again without having to make all of the changes each time.

The "New MS Word Document" template is a great way to quickly create a new Word document. It's easy to use and customizable. Plus, it can save you time and effort in the long run.