Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

Write your letter..

Online translators can be found online by typing "online translators"
surprisingly enough, but they are wildly inaccurate at times.. your boss
should have more about him than to leave an office junior with a job that
the junior can't handle..

There are times when the positive action is to say "NO"..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"avinoam.aharoni" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a document in french, I wish to translate it to English - it
doesn't have to be a profesional translation, but its a 200 page document,
and it is due on my bosses table by Thursday...

anything Word can do for me (other than to help me write my
resignation/suicide letter)?

Thanks,

Avi.

avinoam.aharoni

Subject: Document Translation

Write your letter..

Ok, now I just have to decide if its the resignation or the suicidal :-0

Online translators can be found online by typing "online translators"
surprisingly enough, but they are wildly inaccurate at times..

I know, already tried that. I had hoped Microsoft would come to the rescue, but I guess not..

your boss should have more about him than to leave an office junior with a job that the junior can't handle..

I wish I could tell him that and still keep my job.

There are times when the positive action is to say "NO"..

Right, here goes: OH NOOOOOOO!!!!

Thanks just the same, it was a pleasure being on the same planet..

http://world.altavista.com/

http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his
absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must
delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to
be a great power among men.

Winston Churchill - London, England
http://www.winstonchurchill.org
=======================================

"avinoam.aharoni" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a document in french, I wish to translate it to English - it
doesn't have to be a profesional translation, but its a 200 page document,
and it is due on my bosses table by Thursday...

anything Word can do for me (other than to help me write my
resignation/suicide letter)?

Thanks,

Avi.

SupportXT is a search engine with a difference that answers unique, natural
language queries in a simple and efficient manner. SupportX searches for
solutions provided by people that can help you with your specific needs, by
connecting you to large communities of people that share information every
day and know the answers to your questions.

SupportXT es un motor de búsqueda con una diferencia que conteste a
preguntas de la lengua única, natural de una manera simple y eficiente.
SupportX busca para las soluciones proporcionadas por la gente que puede
ayudarle con sus necesidades específicas, conectándole con las comunidades
grandes de la gente que comparte la información cada día y sabe las
respuestas a sus preguntas

"avinoam.aharoni" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a document in french, I wish to translate it to English - it
doesn't have to be a profesional translation, but its a 200 page document,
and it is due on my bosses table by Thursday...

anything Word can do for me (other than to help me write my
resignation/suicide letter)?

Thanks,

Avi.

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

The American term for your situation is that you are up a creek without a
paddle unless you are willing to pay big bucks for a translator.

And I've seen resignation letter templates but I can't say that I've ever
seen a suicide letter template on Microsoft's site. Sorry.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"avinoam.aharoni" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a document in french, I wish to translate it to English - it
doesn't have to be a profesional translation, but its a 200 page document,
and it is due on my bosses table by Thursday...

anything Word can do for me (other than to help me write my
resignation/suicide letter)?

Thanks,

Avi.

Amedee Van Gasse

In , avinoam.aharoni told us an
interesting story. My reply to this story is at the bottom of this
message.

Hi,

I have a document in french, I wish to translate it to English - it
doesn't have to be a profesional translation, but its a 200 page
document, and it is due on my bosses table by Thursday...

anything Word can do for me (other than to help me write my
resignation/suicide letter)?

Thanks,

Avi.

It doesn't have to be professional? You want to have a good laugh? Try
mangling it through Babelfish.

For example, your message:
English - French - English - French - English - French - English

Hello, I do I have a French document, I would have wish to translate it
with English - not this to be a translation of profesional, but a his
document of page 200, and is it due on my table of the owners per
Thursday... something of the can who move towards me (other which to
help itself to write my letter of resignation/suicide)? Thank you, Avi.

For more fun:

English - Chinese - English - Chinese - English - Chinese -
English - Portugese - French - English

Do the food, I have the French of the use of the original, I waited
until the translation it with the English - this does not have that to
be a specialized translation it is, but is their 200 originals of page,
and is suitable... some expression possibly made in the table of the
projection of the ore in the front of Thursday for me (of the
assistances I outrage to write my letter of resignation/commit suicide
except)? Thanks, Avi.

--
Amedee Van Gasse
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

I stand corrected.

(Thanks Suzanne, I needed the early morning chuckle.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Actually, see http://word.mvps.org/Images/Humour/A...riesToHelp.gif

so
all may benefit.

[...]

Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

You may not feel like laughing right about now, but the unfortunate truth
about online translators is that they are wholly unreliable and could be
responsible for international 'incidents' if gotten into the wrong hands..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"avinoam.aharoni" wrote in message

Thanks for the laughs..I can use every bit of it :-(

avinoam.aharoni

Thanks for the laughs..I can use every bit of it :-(

Guillo Guillo is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinoam.aharoni View Post
Hi,
I have a document in french, I wish to translate it to English - it doesn't have to be a profesional translation, but its a 200 page document, and it is due on my bosses table by Thursday...
anything Word can do for me (other than to help me write my resignation/suicide letter)?
Thanks,
Avi.
Well, yes and know. The other guys are quite right, Word won't help you translate and machine translators give out... "unorthodox" results, to say the least. However, google translator and babel talk are not as useless as you may think.
What need to is perfectly possible, though it will take a lot of annoying work. First, copy and paste your documents onto google/babel, and then paste the translated text on a blank Word. Due to character number restrictions, you'll have to this piece by piece.
Once you have it complete, simply rewrite the text in order to make it readable. The auto translation, bad as it may be, should give you an idea of the meaning, you just need to edit it into real english. Whenever you don't understand... well, just get creative and make sure what you write sounds convincing! Then, just export the Word file as pdf once you have copied the format of the original file.
Good luck!
Samadado Samadado is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillo View Post
[...]
this is very useful, thank you! Translating documents, especially books or parts of books, is always a very interesting and important process, meticulous and difficult. For example, recently found information on the translation of The Cask of Amontillado by American writer Edgar Allan Poe, see it here. A very important semantic load was simply lost in translation.

Last edited by Samadado : April 15th 20 at 05:48 PM
Deasind Deasind is offline
Banned

Anyone facing the problem in their assignment task and searching for a source from where you can get your assignment work done. Because not everyone is intrested in writing And you have to submit your assignmet in school/college within time. Here is the best platform I am suggesting you where all of your problems for writing get solved. Visit the website and go through the https://www.topwritersreview.com/rev...myessayonline/ . Read reviews of top listed websites which provides writing services. Check the best available option for you and go with the services. I am sure you are satisfied by the services.
merimor merimor is offline
Junior Member

it is great
thanks

gretior gretior is offline
Banned

i like it

thanks
BrianMRhodes BrianMRhodes is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\) View Post
[...]

In today's era, the phase for study, teaching, environment is becoming difficult day by day. This type of conversation held is becoming helpful for students. Today can every student is tensed about how to complete his/her assigned tasks within time. Teachers give them topics and they don't even have knowledge about these topics. Students suffer a lot from this problem. But now you have the opportunity to just go to this website ihatewritingessays and pay for assignments and get your work done by professionals.