Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dr H Dr H is offline

Default Corruped WORD 2003 doc

How do I convert code back into text. Here is an example from my current doc
.. It is displaying the font/format within the document :

{\f228\froman\fcharset161\fprq2 Times New Roman Greek{\*\falt
Times};}{\f229\froman\fcharset162\fprq2 Times New Roman Tur{\*\falt
Times};}{\f230\froman\fcharset177\fprq2 Times New Roman (Hebrew){\*\falt
Times};}

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 17:20:00 -0700, Dr H Dr wrote:

How do I convert code back into text. Here is an example from my current doc
. It is displaying the font/format within the document :

{\f228\froman\fcharset161\fprq2 Times New Roman Greek{\*\falt
Times};}{\f229\froman\fcharset162\fprq2 Times New Roman Tur{\*\falt
Times};}{\f230\froman\fcharset177\fprq2 Times New Roman (Hebrew){\*\falt
Times};}

Thank you

What you're showing is part of a Rich Text Format (RTF) file. Usually when you
ask Word to open an RTF file, it automatically converts it to Word format. It
can't do that if the beginning of the document is damaged, or if the RTF
converter program isn't correctly installed.

This piece of the document is only a description of what fonts were installed on
the system when the document was saved. The text will be elsewhere in the file,
probably much closer to the end. Unfortunately, unless the document was almost
completely unformatted text, there will be many formatting codes scattered
through it that will make it difficult to piece together.

In the hope that the problem is in the converter and not in the document, try
going to the Help menu and choosing "Detect and Repair". Then go to Tools
Options General and check the box for "Confirm conversions at open", and then
try again to open the document. If you see the Conversions dialog, choose RTF.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman