Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bivragh Bivragh is offline

Default Table of contents and caption cross-reference

Hi,
W2003, prof ed
I want to add a cross reference in my caption, but I dont want cross
reference to appear in table of figures. I can do that by inserting cross
reference by formatted option. However, I want to add cross reference in
these brackets []. So i end up with TOF with lots of empty brackets. There
was suggestions of using a new paragraph but that creates an extra line that
I cannot have.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The best way to exclude text from the table of figures is to split the
relevant caption paragraph(s), by pressing Enter. Format the paragraph mark
(¶) between paragraphs as hidden, which means the two paragraphs will
display as one when printed. (To show/hide paragraph marks as well as the
other nonprinting marks, use Ctrl+Shift+8.) For example:

Figure 1. Figure text here.¶ --- Format this paragraph mark as hidden.
Rest of caption follows here.

Also, note that if you are creating the TOF based on styles you will have to
apply a different style to the newly created paragraph (be sure to format
the style to look the same as the rest of the caption).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP