Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
JEFF JEFF is offline

Default recomendations on how to re-use a large body of text in multiple other locations

I am hoping someone has a suggestion regarding how to link a body of text
using Word 2003. We have documentation that has common text. We want to
key it in one location and then link to it in multiple other locations. We
are also using Track Changes because our documentation comes from mulitple
authors. What we are seeing can be demonstrated using the following steps.

1. File new to create a new empty document.
2. Enter "This is linked text" without the quotation marks.
3. Select the text and select Edit Copy
4. Move down one line and select Edit, Paste Special, Paste Link as RTF.
5. Enable Track Changes (Ctrl+Shift+E)
6. Move up to the line entered in step 2 and delete the word text.

Notice how the bubble displays the word text is deleted. The Paste Linked
text still contains the word text and will show this until Accept All
changes is selected.

Does anyone have any recomendations on how to re-use a large body of text in
multiple other locations?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.oleinterop,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JEFF JEFF is offline

Cross posting. Any advice or recomendations? What we would really like is
for the paste linked text to not show any of the Track Changes
functionality. We can display that it is linked text by using the Tools
Options, Field Shading, Show Always. Is there any field code switch that
can provide a workaround or solution for this?