Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tango Tango is offline

Default No Space Please

Word 2007

When I make a new document the default style is Space. Somehow trying
to get it to not space I have messed it up where the first line is
followed by a blank line and the rest are not. Like this.

Test

Test
Test
Test

I noticed up in the style ribbon that the first box is highlighted.
After the first enter the second bo "No Space" is highlighted.
How to I tell Word that I do not want a empty line after any carrage
return? Just start default with "No Space"

Thanks.

Tango
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

It sounds like you want to change your Normal Template. Read about it
he
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...210281033.aspx

On May 15, 10:40 am, Tango wrote:
Word 2007

When I make a new document the default style is Space. Somehow trying
to get it to not space I have messed it up where the first line is
followed by a blank line and the rest are not. Like this.

Test

Test
Test
Test

I noticed up in the style ribbon that the first box is highlighted.
After the first enter the second bo "No Space" is highlighted.
How to I tell Word that I do not want a empty line after any carrage
return? Just start default with "No Space"

Thanks.

Tango

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Create a new document based on your Normal template (Blank Document). On the
Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click the dialog box launcher (arrow in
the bottom right corner) to open the Paragraph dialog box. Modify the
Spacing After each paragraph and the Line Spacing and then click the Default
button at the bottom. Confirm the change and make sure you save changes to
your Normal template if prompted to do so when you exit Word.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs