Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Default email merge

Using Office 2007 and have created a mail merge in Word that will send
emails. When I click the "finish and merge" button, one of my options is to
"edit individual documents." However, if I select that option to look over
the merged messages before sending them, I don't seem to have any kind of
"send the email" option. I have to close and not save the individual
documents and then run the whole finish and merge process again with the
"send email messages" options.

Is there a way to "edit individual documents" and then "send email
messages"?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

If you are using Word XP or later, the "Add-in to Merge Letters to Separate
Files" that I have written and that can be downloaded from that site will
allow you to create each letter as a separate file with a filename taken
from a field in the data source with a minimum of fuss.

By one of the means provided on the above website, you can create individual
documents that you can edit and then email.

If you do not want to send them as attachments, you could use a modification
of the method in the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.