Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

Default Fixed position text boxes - Word 2007

I need to create documents with fixed-position text boxes, such that when
text is typed in the spaces between the boxes, the boxes don't move. Is this
possible or is there a solution using another application? (I have Office
Standard.....)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Text boxes are not really suitable as such. Not knowing your goal makes it
difficult to give you a knowledgeable answer, but would using tables work
for you?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Gordon" wrote in message
I need to create documents with fixed-position text boxes, such that when
text is typed in the spaces between the boxes, the boxes don't move. Is
this possible or is there a solution using another application? (I have
Office Standard.....)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Right click the text box and choose Format - Text Box. In the Layout tab,
click the desired wrapping style, probably Square or Tight. Click Advanced.
In the Advanced Layout dialog, Picture Position tab, make sure that Move
Object with Text is NOT checked.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible