Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] LadyDungeness@Fish.Net is offline

Default Footnotes & Multiple Sections

Word XP.

I'm working on court decisions. There can be three-four sections per document. I use continuous breaks to separate them. The
footnoting must restart for each section. But the sections should not start a new page. I have set options to Layout
Footnotes Like Word 97. It doesn't work all the time.

The problem is when a section breaks in the middle of a page. The first section has a footnote, say #7. The new section has
a footnote #1. Word refuses to allow FN7 and FN1 to be on the same page. So it forces the new section to a new page.

Court opinions aren't supposed to look like that. No new page for a new dissent or concurrence.

Is there a workaround for this?

(I hope I've explained myself)

Lady Dungeness
Out of Danger until September