Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
lkmw lkmw is offline

Default Page Layout that appears when Opening Document

I have various documents that I send out for review and merge the changes
when they are returned. Once complete, I end the review and change the
layout view to 'final'. I then save the document. However, when I reopen
the document, it opens in 'markup' view. How do I save it so that I can
distribute it and have it open in final view (no markups) for the recipients.
Thanks for your help.
--
Lynn
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

lkmw wrote:
I have various documents that I send out for review and merge the
changes when they are returned. Once complete, I end the review and
change the layout view to 'final'. I then save the document.
However, when I reopen the document, it opens in 'markup' view. How
do I save it so that I can distribute it and have it open in final
view (no markups) for the recipients. Thanks for your help.

Changing the view _does not_ remove the markups from the document; all it
does is hide them. Anyone who opens the document can view the markups. In
some cases that sort of thing can be embarrassing or even legally
actionable. Responding to reports of incidents like that, Microsoft has
tried to make it much harder to send out documents that still contain
markups, by forcing you to look at them when you open the document.

The solution is to _remove_ the markup, not just hide it. If you want to
keep the markup for your own use, make another copy of the document. In the
copy that you'll be distributing, accept or reject _every_ tracked change
and comment (note that the Accept and Reject buttons have little arrows, and
clicking them opens a menu that includes an "All in this document" choice,
if that's what you want to do).

Additional information is at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html,
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ckChanges.html,