Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ldyflyr Ldyflyr is offline

Default TOC Hyperlinks - Word 2007

Hi:

I am in Word 2007. I have a Table of Contents. I am trying to figure out how
to turn on the hyperlinks so that when I click on an item in my TOC, it goes
to that page in the document.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

TOCs are hyperlinked by default (though they don't look like hyperlinks).
Unless you've changed the setting, however, you have to Ctrl+click to follow
the link. If you have ScreenTips enabled, you should be getting a popup that
tells you this.

"Ldyflyr" wrote in message
Hi:

I am in Word 2007. I have a Table of Contents. I am trying to figure out
how
to turn on the hyperlinks so that when I click on an item in my TOC, it
goes
to that page in the document.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ldyflyr Ldyflyr is offline

Suzanne:

Thanks - since mine is not working, I am thinking that somehow it was turned
off. Would you let me know how to find the setting to turn it back on?

Thanks.

"Ldyflyr" wrote in message
Hi:

I am in Word 2007. I have a Table of Contents. I am trying to figure out
how
to turn on the hyperlinks so that when I click on an item in my TOC, it
goes
to that page in the document.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Even when the TOC entry is not hyperlinked, the page number will be (all
versions). To hyperlink the entire entry, add the \h switch to the TOC field
code. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm