Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Renee Clough Renee Clough is offline

Default How do I make a letterhead in Word?

Our company is looking to convert from pre-printed letterhead to electronic
letterhead. We have a number of letters that are pre-written; we open them,
change the date and client name then save as and print. Our letterhead
changes every year or two. It seems like a lot of work to add the letterhead
to all the existing letters then have to go back and update the letterhead
everytime it changes. We expect that it would work much more smoothly if we
can have the letterhead as a Word setting that can be turned on and off - a
little bit like a watermark. I saw in the answer to a previously posted
question a comment about linking a letterhead. I am not sure what linking
is. Would it work for this situation? If so, how do I link the letterhead
and letter? I tried looking at the website by Suzanne Barnhill, but didn't
see anything that looked like it would apply to this situation.
I forget if I am currently using Word 2007 or 2008. It is the version that
saves as a .docx.
Thanks for any help/advice you can provide.
Renee
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You change the template for new letters, not for existing ones. They should
remain as they looked when they were sent. But it sounds as if you have
documents you are using as quasi-templates. You should save them as
templates and use them properly. You can use IncludeText for the letterhead
in these templates. See http://daiya.mvps.org/includetext.htm