Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jim Jim is offline

Default How do I modify the default number alignment in Word 2007?

I have the problem where my lists aren't lined up when I reach number 10 and
beyond. There is the Adjust List Indents option, but that seems to be
"correct after the fact". I would like the hanging indent to be larger by
default (so I could at least make it to 99 before things go screwy).

I read the tips he http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NumberAlignment.htm
but they apply to older version of word.

I looked at modifying the Normal style, Format-Numbering, but that doesn't
seem to allow you to tweak the tabbing.

Did they get rid of the feature, or is it buried deep down somewhere?

thanks,
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jim Jim is offline

or maybe numbering indentation now uses the paragraph tab stops....and not
some special "numbering" tabs

i.e.
Modify style, Format-Tabs, (.25", .6", .75")

(at least it seems to)